Saturday, October 28, 2006

Life is a Rollercoaster!!

My laptop wasn't working and I have never been sooo so pissed at a machine ever before! Nevetheless, I fixed it. The RAM was loose, so it wouldnt boot up! Anyway, good to be back in virtual world! Man, it's addictive.

So, after my rejuvenation in e-world, I was like-usual orkutting! I reached some profile of a friend of friend. "About Me" section of that profile stood out instantaneously.... It said:-

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

I concluded in an instant, that I need to spread the wise words, by grapevine and wine; by send-10-people mails and send-10-male-people; by weekend-debates-over-liquor and liquor-debate-with-weak-ends.; basically by any means possible. I SET OUT IMMEDIATLY.

So, that way, Jubain is helluva friend, and takes me seriously only in time of nuclear emergencies; but for a change, that day he sat there deliberating about what I had just said for half and hour. I am not sure what he was staring at for so long, yet I was certain either it was a sudden seizure of paralysis or it was just another imaginary cleavage, because on ceiling there was nothing spare a dirty dwindling fan, that complained in shrilling squeak, thats it's been 59 years of independence, and it hasn't been cleaned once, forget deepawali!

And yet suddenly he got up and was gone before I could think or blink. Half and hour later he re-appears; with expression, that clearly says that he's been "BUSY" with "STUFF". Not to mention, he was carrying 1 bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, small packet of weed, 3 packs of Classic Mild Ciggs.

I instantly squealed out of guilt, "Jubain, what the fuck man!? Thats not what I meant by all that "WOO HOO what a ride crap!". :
He paused, turned around and gave me a look that said, "Enough hypocrisy, Socrates! I have been enlightened in any case!!"

So for rest of the night, there was "scoring" on weed, "smoking" on ciggs and "sipping" on Vodka. Well.. finally when Jubain was incoherent with real world, he decided to test that if he could swirl around like a ballerina! [Yeah.. Right! Drunkass...]

So, in a fit of "proving" his worth, he breaks his ankle, and we rush to hospital in middle of night, explaining doctors, that "alcohol presence" in blood has nothing, or almost nothing to do with unfortunate accident!!

Next morning Jubain, gets up with a pretty sad hangover, tries to move his ankle, swears in pain and says; "God is biased, I deserved more durable body!". :

Since then, I have decided to keep my philosophical musings to myself!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Hahahaha! Socrates was never easy on his disciples......So aren't you!!!
You are SUPER funny:-))))))
Welcome back!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Priyank Gupta said...

Gee thanks!! :)
Yeah, I am kind of back!
You haven't been posting in a while though?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

Hellow???? Is anybody in there?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Are you planning to get back or not???? I miss you:-)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

You better update this! Or get some new space and send me the link!

I am tired of looking at the same stuff:-)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home