Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Untouchable Gawds!

As a 'kid' blessed with unlimited imagination, world has always been my oyster! I still remember, the distinct crinkled trumpet sound of typical music in 80s, blowing endlessly, when a shiny blue screen with "fly-out-text effect" in Red, use to declare that "Superman" was on his way to save the world! And lo-behold.. in moments, chill would run down my calcium-deprived bones, with eyes feasting on "humanly impossible" stunt by "SUPERMAN".

Now lets do a quick time travel to 21st century and leave "stupid and prehistoric" 80s back, rotting in their own layers of time. Superman, now has reduced to a mere amusing character, who is funkily dressed with underwear on top of skin trousers!!
Red under wears are sure still a fashion thing.. but geeeeez; Skin-Tight trousers or rather slacks with "Red Boots"??? I mean.. get out! and get a life!
Though I must admit the fact, that all these years have put more vibrant colors on his cheek. More than years, it's a magic of billion bit shades of computer. Thanks to same, he can fly even more smoothly and perform more than just a flip somersault, which now is a integral part of any form of "Freestyle" dance. Btw, anything, that is not rhythmic and unorganized is, "Freestyle".. but please don't let me get started on that!

Growing up is a sinful experience. Reality defies your imagination, experiences kill your innovation and re-makes of old "superhero movies" instill nothing but a "do-wider-than-that-and-you-are-the-man-yawn". Truthfully, I am more interested in stunts performed by Ronaldhinio on a football pitch. At least I have assurance that he doesn't have a 500Ghz microprocessor, 3000 mouse-clicks and RAM-Sucking advanced hyper-graphic software behind that rubber-foot dodge or a ball-flip on shoulder. He is REAL!

So in a gist, we are craving for "Reality". That’s why everything on TV is about "Reality Shows". I am mesmerized in my own words. After all, "They sound Reality-Intelligent", but heck no, please don't let me be sarcastic yet; I have much more to say than just that!!

I have seen every possible re-make of "Superman" along with originals. Gotta admit, each is an "evolving master piece". The costume remains the same, the food remains the same, the origin and story remains the same but every time, exaggeration of his power reaches a new height! [Hell no, I have nothing personal against superman! :)] Lets take batman and Spiderman for a change. They are all same. "Wear underwear on top, so that when skin-tight pants give away on strategic ass location, the red thingy is not shown in public". I mean.. bravo!!

Yet, I presume that, by the time my kids are my age, they would see superman, Spiderman, batman and similar, dressed up in capris, loose "I Fly with ma Fly open! Do You?" t-shirts and gold chains with $$ pendants!! And, Then my dear friends, all my grudges will end; at least about "wear-over under wears".

Now that I have tried my best to sublime the superhuman abilities of all the super heroes, let me zap back to reality, and to something which is more enticing!

The saga of "D.U.M.B [Defingly Unhuman and Morbid Battle] Style" of unsung heroes.
Had it been, that I was acquainted with these guys, a little early in my life cycle, super man would have remained a lamentable piece of imagination and instead I would be craving and donning Curly hairs, big paunch, overgrown moustache and 38 color check shirt with 12 million shades of yellow infested in it. Sigh.. not my luck. All I got for inspiration was smooth calf muscles, non-tobacco teeth and six packs showing through skin tights! Sigh...

Nevertheless, Recently G.H.O.S.T [God Holy Of Small Things] (Refer previous post) in my office brought me face to face with these stunts by regional actors of India. Now, these heroes might sound "regional" but their fan club comprises of people, who would outnumber all Hollywood hero's fan club together by magnitudes, anytime. They have, "Appeal". Yeah. Appeal!

I mean, what kind of guy can resist being a fan, if one of these "non extra terrestrial" and "no super power" dude, does a four wheel air leap of 20 seconds flat, with a mean machine weighing 4800Kgs. and purring with 75 Horsepower engines! I mean com'on?? If you think I am being a smartass liar, check out the video below.

The DUDE at work!!

And I thought, that almost anything was possible with Animation. Ah.. now you would agree, that, that's not true. We still need these heroes to do all these stunts.

I hope everyone has seen the famous action scene by Tom-Cruise in Mi-2. Climb up the mountain, while you sweat and grind. I would complement his efforts by entitling it as "Hanging for DEAR Life" stunt.
Anyways, at link mentioned below you will find a stunt not so different, and yet done in most effortless of ways! He seems to be more adept at climbing walls than Spiderman himself!!

Will Post the Link Soon

Those who thought Tom Cruise was God... sorry to disappoint you and John Woo. But, not quite yet! Tommy needs to work on his "rock climbing" skills.

Arms, outstretched!! Face smeared with pain, clinging on to save 100s of lives on a "City Metro Train" which runs on steel frames of sky, barely running as fast as superfast superconductor trains! Webs emerging from hands, our "Superhero" is defying all laws of limitations to stop that train in nick of time. Effort takes its toll, and he passes out. I'll repeat.. HE PASSES OUT. Yes, this is none other than Spiderman in "spiderman-2". The sequel of much loved prequel.

Now on other hand we have our, "non-superhuman-lover boy" here. I don't think so that anyone's life is at stake except his own , and I also don't think so, that anyone's life even matters right now except his own... but then, look at the following stunt below to see how not only he stops train but also make it travel in opposite direction as if he was paid extra for the movie and he just wanted to return the favor. For the record, my suppressed emotions... "GAWD.. he didn't even pass out!"

Loverboy on wheels!!

I would have left here for you to decide, why superman is retard piece of poop in front of "Our SuperMen"..but monik brought to my notice a mind-blowing video, which is just tooo good to resist... Imagine my "SHOCK" when I saw this...

CenterShock!!

I am sure, after seeing this, you can "Imagine my SHOCK". :D

And then there was a news about a movie, where one of our much adored "action-alpha-gawds" kicks the shit out of an approaching asteroid, standing on a "Wing" of a "Space craft" because the "Handy death-ray-blaster" in his hand did a malfunction at climax of movie and director couldn't come up with anything innovative enough to give back the worth of money spent on popcorn, and coughing them out.[In disbelief obviously!]

Yeah... he chose to kick the Asteroid out of his way, "BY TAKING THE SUPPORT OF EARTH!!"...
Thanks to the everlasting endurance of his "calf muscles", we could ignore the unreliability of "Death-Ray-blaster" developed by amateur scientist of NASA after much contemplation and RnD.

Anyway turns out, this was just a little bit more than just news! It's Actually a Movie!!!!

Truthfully, I wasn't shocked. I have given up on my imagination anyway, and let these guys do the homework now on! :|
Infact I have been so deeply influenced, that Now, Nothing.. I mean “nothing” can shock me anymore!

Hail to the gawds of "almighty aura and imagination", who did their best to kick the senses out of my brain and brain out of my head; and are still doing their best!

As for why I chose to name them as "The Untouchable Gawds...", just see those videos again and you'll notice a common trait.. "They never touch their opponents!". Afterall It's a rule of thumb "Keep thy hands clean of dirt!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home