Saturday, October 07, 2006

What if your son turns out to be gay!??


I was just dwindling away with my thoughts, with huge backpack strapped to shoulders and eyes fixed into star studded sky. Now, of course I wasn’t keeping a lookout for any extra terrestrial life, which bollywood directors, have so amazingly and of course breathtakingly, explored with a nonchalant grace in what you would call a little more than dumb and pathetic attempt. No, I was just waiting for my bus to make its way into parking lot, so that I could start with my ride back to school hostel in last week of summer vacations.
And then suddenly this guy walks up next to me and stares me in a very uncomfortable way. Now if it was him, who looked uncomfortable, I would have assumed that he was constipated with the cheap tea-stall food outside the bus stand; but as a matter of fact, it was me who was uneasy. After all, what kind of a guy, looks at some high school kid’s crotch in an admiring way? Nevertheless, I let the music going, from my portable player, and tried to look absorbed in my own world.
It’s still hazy that how conversation started, but sure, it wasn’t too intriguing. And in minutes I was sure that this guy was “gay”. [For those who are wondering that here comes another exaggerated story from Priyank… well hold your thoughts; because every word of this one is truth. For alibi I can ask few people like Prateek mehra to stand up for me; with whom I shared the incident in first/second year of engineering. I hope he still remembers it in his sane mind.]
Anyway, I tried to make a getaway from the unwanted company, by taking a lee in loo. [Ya... I know; what a dumb idea!] Anyway, the guy not only followed me, but looked ecstatic at the mere idea, that, I am heading towards the restroom. [Truthfully, they were really greasy and stinky to be even termed as restroom. It was a small bus stand of a smaller town]. Thanks to all the aptitude puzzles and the sex education my friends had given me by then, I just retraced my steps back, from half way, to a group of people who looked like what you would think as descendent of “Adam’s family”.
So the point of whole incident is not, that “I am not Gay” [actually now that I think of it, I can say that again!] but instead, the point of debate is, what if you get married to find out, that when u have a perfect son for a kid; and he turns out to be gay!
What would u do??
a. Kill him and be absconding?
b. Kill yourself and be absconding [duh..!??]
c. Kill everyone else in visible range.
d. Start saving for grand marriage and help him find his soul mate.
e. Disown him! J
f. Or probably join a club called “The Gay United” so that when u reveal news to whole community, you can showcase it as a matter of “Pride” rather than “Shame”. [Pretty neat idea huh?!]

Well, so much for the topic… I know not many people have patience to go through it. But incase you did your part of humanity by reading it word-by-word [averting the gaze of guy sitting next, who might be suddenly interested about that three letter word on your screen]; I really doubt that anyone will actually reply. But I would still request [in vain probably] that I would love to see some concern and views about the topic posted here. And humorous comments, presenting the lighter side, will be cheered more!! J

Abroad it’s not a big deal. In India, people are still too conservative to accept the realities of nature. Let’s see, which side you fall on. As for my own views, I shall wait for few days until someone starts [or maybe no one does]. Also let me know, if you are one of the people who love blogging, and would like some topic of your own to start off here; would be glad to do so! J

P.S. à This blog topic is inspired from various “Post Secret” messages, which are posted every week there. I thought maybe, I could find out, how world would actually react when they come to know about secrets like that. It’s a lame effort, as only few have real concerns, time and energy for such things. Yet, let the ones who are interested, be a part of it.

Happy Blogging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home