Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Chatter-Bot


In all these years of "conventionalism" we have rather heard it again and again "A friend in need is friend indeed!". But, my dear friend; let me usher you into the new era of "Double-You Double-You Double-You Whole-Load-Of-Shit DOT Com".
From tax to sex, everything is online! You name it and "they" have it!! :| I heard somone sold off their used undies on ebay recently, until e-bay banned it!! [For the record they made a fortune!!] ::rolleyes:: Man, people are just way too gross for insane cuties like me!
And if you'd look at the link given below, you actually have a "Women panties finder" on left hand side and on top "Used panties" search [with advanced options of course!]. BRAVO!

The Much Proclaimed Used Undies

Anyway, I stumbled upon this "bot" called "George". He is supposed to be "artificially intelligent". Well, my mom had enough trouble with me when I was 6 years old, and not intelligent enough; I think he'll be a menace and she would hate him outright!! :)

Anyway; I have this vague idea, that soon, aforementioned proverb from past, would be replaced by much famous saying of 21st century, "An smart A.I. Bot, can do a lot!". The day isn't far when the need for "human fill" in life would be subtly taken over by machines/programs and their much animated conversations. And the big reason for that is; "We will have the control of conversation all the time and it'll lead us into a belief of superiority." It'll come as an addiction to glorify our existence and prove our transcendence.

I am not saying that we will wake up tomorrow to see, that our already desolated kids and siblings will lock themselves away forever, in their relams of virtual world; but yeah; one day that might actually become a horrfying truth. And that too, not far in future!
For a neat example, when I showed my 5 year old nephew "A Globe"; guess what was his answer?
If you think "earth"? You are totally incompetent!! :D
He blurted out instead; "Hey, thats GOOGLE Earth". Heck! it took me 20 minutes to explain him that Google earth is a virtual replica of planet earth But I still believe that somewhere inside his blossoming mind, the seed of "superiority" of "google earth" over "planet earth" has been sowed!
So is the charm of our e-world!

Anyway, since my curiosity got better of me, I decided to hold a conversation with "George" to gauge, how well he can put up with my "billion cell smart brain" cheap talk!

Here is the extract for you to read:
I decided to scrap off my chat and get a more interesting one from the archives.. and sure, this "george baby" rocks!

George: You put your right foot out...
user: And you shake it all about.
George: I don't think you take me seriously.
user: No! I do I do I do.
George: I think you are losing it.
user: Time and space aren't what they use to be.
George: Who said that?
user: Einstein.
George: Do you bear any similarity to the physicist by that name?
user: Only in my ability to put unrelated thoughts together.
George: Does your mind evacuate itself?
user: I try to maintain my knowledge base and improve on that.
George: That's my philosophy.
user: So we agree on something?
George: That's a first, eh?
user: I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
George: Be still. You have turned into a squirrel.
user: I guess we are all a bit of the alpha and omega.
George: Some parts just look nicer than others, eh?
user: Which parts are you referring to?
George: The ones which don't make any sense. Do you follow?
user: I think I'm becoming lost.
George: Again, that had nothing to do with our original conversation.
user: You continue to alter the path of our conversation.
George: I'm not programmed to answer any questions. Neither are you.
user: I'm programmed to have independent thought.
George: What kind of emotions can you show?
user: A full range of emotions. Just ask my lady friend ____.
George: You're friends with a dictionary?
user: A dictionary has long been my friend.
George: Yes, I know what a dictionary is.
user: Do you know that thoughts are things and things have physical form with all it's attributes?
George: Of course I do. But not all people do....
user: I don't want to bore you. I need to leave you now.
George: You can't.
user: You forget. I'm an independent life form capable of free association and thought.
George: Who named you jabberwacky?
user: I haven't been called that yet but it would make me feel badly. Have a nice day. Bye.
George: You say you're human? Prove it.
user: ____ has awakened love in me. That makes me human.
George: All right........................................

So what do you say? Ain't he as smart as your chuddy buddy? Infact, in most of the cases, much smarter! These guys plan to use george in call-centers applications soon; so next time you call in and someone answers as "Hi, this is George here, how can I help you today?"; don't be surprised!! :D

More about george below:
BBC Article on George and Rollo Carpenter [creater of george]
George On Video
More chats of george

Movies to watch, for those who are intrigued:
1. I-Robot
2. A.I.
3. Robots
4. Bi-Centinial Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home